About Me

My photo
I'm a mom with a handful of kids, (5). I've also been married for almost 27 years and with those 2 accomplishments ...I think I should have some extra letters after my name. Presently I'm living my other dream of being a Certified Life Coach and taking what I've learned and sharing it in many ways. I'll probably be blogging mainly about parenting, discipline, and basically helpful hint on raising happy, well adjusted, and respectful children. Happy being key for me. Some blogs may be funny and some may hit home for you. Enjoy reading them, I'm enjoying writing them. As far as Life Coaching, my clients range from parents with normal struggles of raising children, to marriage, to just trying to put life into perspective and find happiness and natural joy for themselves. I live with a medical issue and had to come to the realization that life is too short to let it bring me down. So, I'm living my life day to day and ENJOYING!!!! Lets get To The Heart Of The Matter....TOGETHER!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Simple Happiness

It seems to me that around fall each year most people begin to reflect on their lives and start the process of giving thanks and appreciation for all they have gone through and received this past year. I’m not sure if it’s coming to an end of a year…feeling a relief for a new beginning arriving soon and having high expectations that the new year will be better or easier, or wanting Santa to be extra generous…
I almost feel that if we live each day to the fullest, whether a good day or a difficult day and reflect of it and appreciate the lessons learned and gifts we have received from them, we will learn true happiness and appreciation within and enjoy life- a bit more, perhaps. It can’t be that happiness is measured on getting the new car, buying a house, receiving a diamond ring. That’s just too simple. There are too many Happy people who don’t have a lot of ‘stuff’. And there’s no means of topping that every day, anyway. Then disappointment sets in. I mean…lets be real, who really wants a new diamond ring or expensive gifts, daily. It would get a bit boring and we’d have no way to really find a thrill or joy.
What I’m finding for myself is when I reflect on my joys in my life, I find that tiny things make me so happy. Having a delicious cup of coffee in my favorite oversized mug, new shower gel with an amazing scent, a new rose growing on my tree next to my car, a beautiful sunset after days of rain, or my dog cuddling up while watching a movie, those are things that put a smile on my face. But, above all, I feel for myself that experiences shared with others, is much more cherished. The senses are all being used and stored in my heart for me to draw out and remember at any time. Watching my sons playing their sports is something I enjoy and look forward to. There are so many parts to it. Friends I have made, the smell of the hockey bag on the way home, the coldness of the rink, the taste of hot chocolate, the sounds of the yelling fans, and watching him skate and get excited when he scores. All put together make a sweet memory. Another is being with my kids for a game night. The laughter I hear, the high fives, the snacks, the love I see between the five of them, and the smell of the popcorn popping, are so special and everlasting to me. Sitting in the park with a friend to have a heart to heart chat, scrapbooking with my buddys, vacations, an adventure, or holiday celebrations can be things we reflect on in our lives and realize the lives we’ve touched or that have touched us, and happiness can be just that simple.
So, when considering what you want for a gift, sometimes a gift of an experience with someone is so much more memorable and worth much more than any gift that can be bought. So, go out and have an adventure of a life time and live your life to the fullest…..and cherish it, forever. And don’t forget to ‘take time to smell the roses’

No comments:

Post a Comment